On one hand, it was a fantastic result for the Magpies, who are steadily climbing the Premier League table after a disappointing run of form. On the other hand, Pardew headbutted Hull midfielder David Meyler… which wasn’t exactly ideal.
Here it is again if you missed it:
No matter which way you look at the footage, it doesn’t bode well for Pardew and following a £100,000 fine from his club after the altercation, some Newcastle fans feel his position is untenable.
But of course Pardew has been around the Premier League for some time now and along the way he has created several controversies and made some stupid decisions.
Here is our run-down of the top 6 most absurd things Pardew has done during his career:
By Stuart Hynd – @supers0nic_
1. He’s Got Previous, With Guys Like Martin O’Neill
2. And With Arsene Wenger
3. And With Manuel Pellegrini (Calling Him An F*cking Old C*nt)
4. Remember When He Pushed This Poor Linesman?
5. He Compared This Michael Essien Tackle To Rape On National Television
6. And He Criticised Arsenal’s Signing Of Foreign Players… Then Bought France