Dana White has responded to Conor McGregor’s latest tweet and said that the Irishman’s fight with Nate Diaz at UFC 200 is still OFF.
The fight was originally thrown into chaos last week, after White and McGregor clashed over promotional duties for the event in Las Vegas this July.
McGregor initially tweeted that he had retired from the sport, before appearing to patch things up with White and telling his followers that his clash was back on:
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) April 25, 2016
But White has broken his silence on the issue today, and insisted that not only is the fight still off, he still they still haven’t even discussed the matter any further.
According to the LA Times, White said:
“It’s not true. We haven’t talked [to] Conor or his manager since the press conference. I don’t know why he would tweet that.”
So, there you have it, it appears both parties are still some way off reaching an agreement, and, as we speak, McGregor won’t be taking on Diaz come July.
What do you think of the fall-out?