The nominees for this year’s Puskás Award were announced this afternoon, with the shortlist including goals from Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud, Celtic forward Moussa Dembele and Juventus front man Mario Mandzukic.
The award, first established in 2009, will go to the player who is judged to have scored the most “aesthetically significant” or “most beautiful” goal of the year.
The competition is of course named in honour of former Real Madrid and Hungary striker Ferenc Puskás, one of the most prolific goal-scorers in football history.
Former winners of the award include Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, with this year’s shortlist as competitive as ever.
Here are the 10 goals all up for consideration:
1. Jordi Mboula vs Borussia Dortmund (UEFA Youth League)
2. Nemanja Matic vs Tottenham Hotspur (FA Cup semi-final)
3. Oscarine Masuluke vs Orlando Pirates (South African Premiership)
4. Mario Mandzukic vs Real Madrid (UEFA Champions League Final)
5. Moussa Dembele vs St. Johnstone (Scottish Premiership)
6. Aviles Hurtado vs Atlas (Liga MX)
7. Olivier Giroud vs Crystal Palace (English Premier League)
8. Deyna Castellanos vs Cameroon (FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup)
9. Alejandro Camargo vs O’Higgins (Primera Division)
10. Kevin-Prince Boateng vs Villarreal (La Liga)
Who do you think deserves to win the Puskas Award from the nominees above?