Joey Barton left Ibrox after being handed a three-week suspension by Rangers – but insisted he still has a future at the club.
The English midfielder was today handed a ban by the Scottish giants after a training ground altercation last week.
He was initially told to stay away until today, leading to him missing the weekend’s 0-0 draw with Ross County.
But Barton will now spend the next three weeks away from Rangers – and that casts a doubt over where his long-term future lies just months after he signed a two-year deal with the club.
Fans seem to think he won’t play another game for them again, but Joey himself isn’t so sure.
‘I think so’
Sky Sports News were on hand to catch the moment Barton left Ibrox this morning after being handed his three-week ban and the midfielder said he was still a Rangers player but wasn’t allowed to comment on the situation:
— Sky Sports Scotland (@ScotlandSky) September 19, 2016
Barton leaving Ibrox came just moments before Rangers officially announced his suspension.
He arrived at the club in the summer with much hype after a strong career in English football and an impressive last campaign as Burnley were promoted to the Premier League.
But he’s been unable to hit the ground running, contributing to a difficult start for Rangers in the league, including the 5-1 defeat to rivals Celtic.