Daniel Sturridge has reacted to being handed a four-month ban from all football by FIFA, and insists bookmakers need to reform some of their current processes in order to help professional players.
As we told you earlier today, the former Liverpool, Manchester City and Chelsea forward was released by Turkish side Trabzonspor just a few months into a three-year contract, with the 30-year-old managing just four goals in 11 league appearances.
On Monday afternoon it was revealed Sturridge had been handed a four-month ban from all football-related activities until June 17 after he was deemed to have breached FIFA’s betting rules.
Speaking in a clip posted to his official YouTube account, Sturridge said it had been “a crazy few days” after the “disappointing and upsetting” decision ended his season:
What do you make of his comments?
It now remains to be seen whether or not Sturridge will manage to revive his career in the summer, and where exactly he’s likely to be given an opportunity.
Having played alongside Rangers manager Steven Gerrard at one point in time, do you think there’s any chance Sturridge could be offered the chance to prove himself at Ibrox next season?
Let us know in the comments section below…